This article will explain how you can connect any version of AirPods to the PS4 and the accessories you’ll need purchase and which features won’t be supported.
The instructions are applicable to the first generation of AirPods, Air Pods with wireless charging case, as well as AirPods Pro.
What Do You Need to Connect AirPods to PS4
It’s true, the PS4 does not support Bluetooth audio right out from the box. This means you won’t be able to join AirPods as well as any type of Bluetooth headphones without having to purchase accessories.
If you attempt to connect AirPods to the PS4 without an adapter your PS4 is able to recognize the AirPods, and you’ll complete all the connecting steps only to see the pairing process fail at the end.
To overcome this issue you must purchase the PS4 Bluetooth adapter which can support Bluetooth audio. It can connect to your console.
In this post we made use of our 12 South AirFly duo however anyone with a Bluetooth adapter that is audio-compatible and is plugged into the PS4 (via USB or the headphone jack for instance) will work.
Also Read About: Why are my airpods are so quiet
How do I connect AirPods to PS4
Follow these steps for using an Bluetooth adapter in order to link AirPods with PS4:
- Check to see if you’ve recharged your AirPods. Similar to as if your Bluetooth adapter has batteries. (The AirFly Duo, for instance, plugs into the headphone jack of the PS4 controller, and therefore requires power from a battery. The other Bluetooth adapters are plugged into USB ports found on the PS4 itself, and don’t require power from the battery.)
- Make sure to connect your Bluetooth adapter with your PS4.
- Set the Bluetooth adapter in pairing mode. How you perform this is dependent on the device, so make sure you read the manual included with it.
- With your AirPods inside their charging case to open the case, hit and hold on the button for syncing.
- Hold the button down until the LEDs appear on the Bluetooth adapter stop blinking. This indicates it is confirmed that your AirPods are connected to adapter.
- Are your AirPods aren’t synchronizing for some reason? We’ve got some suggestions on what you can do if your AirPods do not connect.
7.Check that your PS4 is sending audio directly to the AirPods by examining the settings on your PS4. Click the Settings Settings > devices and then Music Devices.
8.There are two key settings to alter to your audio Devices screen:
- Output DeviceSet the device to headphones connected to controller(or the correct menu with you Bluetooth adapter).
- Output to headphones:Set the output to all audio.
9. You can also adjust your volume for music sent through your PS4 via your AirPods via the Volume Control (Headphones) menu.
10. Once that’s done then all the audio from the PS4 is streaming into AirPods. AirPods and you’re now ready to go!
Are you able to use AirPods to chat with other gamers on PS4?
In this article, we’ll explain the best way to pair AirPods to the PS4 but there’s a drawback of this method.
It doesn’t allow you to chat with other gamers playing despite the fact that AirPods come with an audio microphone (as anyone
who’s utilized them for calls to the phone will know). This is due to the fact that most Bluetooth adapters will only transfer sound from your PS4 into your headset, and it’s not the reverse.
To do this, you’ll require headphones designed specifically to work with the PS4 (or different gaming consoles).
However, if you’re looking to do is hear music without causing any disturbance to others then an Bluetooth adapter is an excellent alternative.
- How do link AirPods via an iPhone?
- For you to join to connect your AirPods with an iPhone First, you must ensure that Bluetooth is enabled for your iPhone and then keep your AirPods near to your phone’s charging case and ensure that the lid is fully opened. Click connect to follow instructions displayed on the screen.
- What is the best way to connect AirPods to the Mac?
- For you to join the AirPods with your Mac first turn on your laptop’s Bluetooth. Hold the setting button in the AirPods case until the status light flashes white. If the AirPods show up within the Bluetooth preferences window on the Mac then click Connect..
- Which way do I link AirPods via your Android device?
- In order to to connect AirPods with an Android phone, simply open settings for the gadget, and then tap or switch the switch to Bluetooth. Then, open the AirPods charging case and press the button to set up thebutton till the light turns white. If you’re using an Android device, click AirPods in the list of available devices.